Sunday, September 25, 2011

Gun nuts: candied edition

Oh temptation, why must you torture me so?  Every time I go to the gun show, I'm always on the lookout for things that I find to be old, unique, rare, or just darn pretty.  One gun in particular that I like to look for, is the Winchester 1897.  I've always held a fondness for them, but I hardly ever see 'em.  Well, yesterday, I beheld the absolute greatest 1897 I have ever seen. It was one of those short barreled Norinco reproductions that had the heat shield and bayonet lug, along with the full foot long bayonet!

Yeah, this is exactly what it looks like.
The worst part is that the guy was only asking about 425 for it.  Granted being a secondhand Norinco, it may need a bit of work, but that deal is still worth it in this man's opinion.  When I was looking at it, I told my roomie that he may have to physically pry me away from it, to get me to leave without buying it (and he did).  Needless to say, I'm constantly debating in my head whether or not I should just starve for the next two weeks, so that I can go over there right now and get it.  Cursed temptation.  It's moments like these that I kinda hate life for putting such nice things in front of me that are only barely inaccessible.
One thing's for sure, if I end up owning one of these, I would never take the bayonet off.  Unless I'm carving the Christmas turkey with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment