Monday, October 21, 2013

Terror in the void

An interesting thought occurred to me recently.  It seems that all the most creative people I know (and know of) seem to have fairly consistent nightmares.  It seems silly at first, but I think that two can be somewhat related.  As I look back on some of my most creative spurts, it was often inspired by some very intense nightmares, and the same appears to be true of these people I know.  Perhaps it's something within the human psyche that prompts us to conquer or confront what we fear, or simply that our subconscious brings out some creative aspects of our mind while in the REM state.  But hey, I'm no doctor.  I'm just some guy on the internet who is suddenly nostalgic for night terrors, so I can be more creative.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment