Wednesday, December 12, 2012

s-words

Not two seconds into the day, and I'm already deciding to jump on T-bolt's meme of the day.  So, here goes:
I've had a pretty good number of pocketknives over the years, but this one seems to always come out on top.  I got it sometime in 2003; and I actually came across it by chance.  I was working at a hotel at the time, and it was left in the lost and found for over 90 days.  Every time I look at it, I feel bad for the person who lost it, because it has served me far better than any other folding knife I've ever purchased or owned (and that includes some well-respected brand names). 

I'll admit, I probably haven't taken overly good care of it, but this thing just keeps soldiering on.  I even made it a point to buy some jeweler's torx screwdrivers and a sharpener recently, just to make amends for all the years of 'domestic abuse' to the piece. 

As a side note, I was having a conversation with a friend earlier in the week about James Hetfield, and it went like this:

Friend:  I really like his voice.
Me:  Yeah, you don't hear many like it these days.  I wish my voice was like his.
Friend:  He sounds like...his voice is like a dragon's.
Me:  Holy crap.  That is by far the coolest description for a voice I have ever heard in my entire life!

No comments:

Post a Comment