Friday, February 18, 2022

A visit from Amelia? It happened in 1928.

 It's not often that I find something surprising that I had no idea about when it comes to local history, so color me surprised when I found this little nugget from NPR and another local blogger. I had no idea that Amelia Earhart had to make a forced landing after experiencing engine troubles when following the rail lines near Tintic, Utah in 1928.

One picture of an article you can find on Amelia's stay at Jacob Barlow's site. He has many more pics there of additional articles detailing her stay while her plane was being repaired. 

I won't steal the thunder, but you can read a transcript of the radio broadcast of the story on NPR's website here. Another big thanks goes out to Jacob Barlow's site which introduced the subject to me and he has some really neat pictures of the original newspaper articles about it there. I would highly encourage you to check out his site as it has all sorts of cool info about old towns, ghost towns, filming locations, and lots of other assorted and interesting info about Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment