Friday, January 11, 2013

another reason for me to hate ebay

Despite having dealt with nothing but reputable sellers in the past, I have ceased using ebay a long time ago.  That company is just nothing but FUBAR when it comes to dealing with sellers, and even more so with it's own policies. 

Why am I venting about this now?  Well, I was directed to the most awesome listing on ebay yesterday (via the Unwanted Bog again), which was a rock being sold in a joke auction to raise money that would be donated to the NRA*.  The ad was genius, and the comments alone kept me entertained for my entire lunch hour.  If I had any more money to spare, I think I would have made a bid on it myself.  Picture of the hilarity below.


Now despite this good cause, just over an hour after I found it, Ebay had shut down the listing.  I'll admit it's their site, and they can refuse buisness with whomever they wish, but shutting down a charitable auction for an item NOT restricted in the terms and conditions, is a serious a**hole move that deserves nothing but contempt.

*For the record, I don't think the NRA is a bad organization at all, I just think they have plenty of room for imporvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment