Thursday, January 10, 2013

Boba's back, baby!

Every time I hear that name, all I think of is this.
So we went to lunch at this new joint in town called Boba's World.  After a good amount of disappointment and grief that it wasn't a museum or theme park about the most famous member of the Fett family, I came to terms with the fact that it's a pretty good Asian food place.  Has all sorts of cool stuff I've never heard of before, and they make the best of all the stuff I have heard of.

Being in the adventurous spirit (you know, the one where you don't care of you die that day), I decided to get one of their chewable drinks.  It's like drinking a flavored tapioca slushie. Needless to say, it was quite the sensation.

While we were there, I also noticed a new Peruvian restaurant right next door.  Never having sampled or being at all familiar with it, I wonder if it involves anything other than the Peruvian equivalent of grilled Sherpa and tapeworms.  I'll have to go give it a shot later.

Update: I'm really wanting to see if that Peruvian place will have this one on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment