Thursday, July 26, 2012

Jumping the penguin

So, I heard that Valve will finally be releasing a Linux version of Steam soon.  I doubt many programs other than ones produced by Valve will be initially compatible, but I'm really loving the idea that this may (in time) start a serious effort by other developers/publishers to support Linux as a gaming platform.  I really hope this transpires rather quickly, to allow me to be free of the tyranny of windows and other evil Microsoft products. 

But, for now, the only penguin I got is this wooden one that was actually made in India.  It's quickly become somewhat of an office meme here in IT.  We've become rather fond of inserting it into towers in place of hard drives or other internal components, to the detriment of others.  And no, it doesn't stop being funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment