Thursday, April 28, 2011

High school should be over

Before I go any further, this is a post in which I just whine like a baby about work.  So all apologies, it aint interesting or entertaining, but writing about it just makes me feel a little better. 

When I go to work, I aint' looking for a good social experience.  I try to be as polite and likable as possible, but no matter what you do, you're just gonna run into haters eventually.  My solution is to just do my job as effective and efficiently as possible, and avoid the people giving me problems as much as possible.  I don't care if people at work rub me the wrong way, I don't have to be their friend, or hang out with them.  I just focus on the tasks at hand and ensure they get done regardless of what numb-nuts I have to do it with.

Sometimes, though, it starts to get to me.  I hate it when everyone has to revert to crap that should be left behind at middle school.

Example:  There's a girl I work with that nobody seems to like.  I'll admit she's quite annoying, but I don't have much of a problem with her, because she at least tries to do her job.  Now, there are plenty of tasks that we perform at my job that are really just one person jobs, but due to regulations, we need to have multiple people on certain tasks.

This morning I see this girl is taking on one such task by herself, and she asks me for help.  I didn't have the right tools on me to accomplish this, so I found someone who did.  He responds by saying, "No, that fat b***h can do it herself."  More than pissed off by now, I offer to do it myself if he'll give me his tools for a moment.  He refuses.  I lost my cool and asked him, "So you'd rather be a piece of s**t excuse for a human being, than do a very simple and quick job?"  He responds in the affirmative and storms off.  And this guy is supposed to be a better example of a decent employee because he has seniority over me and a few others.

Nearly wanted to punch his ticket right then and there.  I'm telling ya, my job is like friggin' Melrose Place or somethin'.  The sooner I get outta that place, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment