Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Beauty queens blowing chunks everywhere

The phrase takes on a whole new meaning in Ukraine. Beauty queens are generally the least likely topic I would bring up here, the only one of note I can think of off the top of my head would be Miss Utah Jill Stevens from 2007. She was more than cool because she was not only not your typical contestant, she was an Army vet who served in Afghanistan. It's still the only time I could be bothered to ever watch the Miss America Pageant. 

But the wife recently pointed this newer story out to me, so it's funny how I missed it. It appears that a certain Anastasiia Lenna, who had competed to win the title of "Miss Grand Ukraine" has taken to twitter to announce she has kitted up to join the fight on the ground there. Looks like Jill found an unlikely successor to her awesomeness, and I hope Anastasiia manages to live to see the end of the conflict out there. 

Another interesting thing to note, is that since arming the citizenry and creating a reserve out of them, Ukraine now has 36,000 women serving in the military, which is now the most women of any current military.

No comments:

Post a Comment