Monday, March 21, 2022

Partisan Rock

New Mexico is another state that feels like just a barren hellscape with not much to see there, but if I were to go there for whatever reason, there are few things I'd like to see. White Sands Missile Range would be cool if they would allow me in, and I don't think I could ever miss out on visiting the Los Alamos National Laboratory if I could.

But by far the thing I think I would want to see most is the fictional town of Calumet Colorado from the movie Red Dawn, which in reality is Las Vegas, NM. Anyone who knows me well will also know that I absolutely love that dang movie, and have watched it more times than my dad has told me he loves me. That, and recent world events have made me want to watch it a few more times recently. 

So naturally I'd want to go there an check out all the places from the movie just to say I did. Thankfully, there are a lot of people who have already done a lot of the foot work in finding a majority of the locations already. 

The only thing I haven't been able to deduce is if the Partisan Rock in the film was just a prop or was actually etched on a rock out there somewhere. Either way, I'd love to see it.



No comments:

Post a Comment