Sunday, March 20, 2022

Black Mesa: The Half Life we need

I've said before there are a few games responsible for me getting really into PC games. The holy trinity being Rainbow Six, StarCraft, and Half-Life. Half Life is one of those games that has just aged well, but despite that, people had endeavored to remaster/remake it and that has resulted in the excellent Black Mesa. This week there was a pretty good documentary released about the making of Black Mesa on youtube that was pretty good that got me thinking how much I liked it's soundtrack.  

The Black Mesa Soundtrack just has the perfect blend of mystery, horror, and action movie vibes that really enhance the setting. So, I'll have to put in a few of the best examples to ensure you're getting even more bang for your buck today.

The original theme song above is still the best. Unfortunately they used a remix for the game that is nowhere near as good. More are beyond the jump:


No comments:

Post a Comment