Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Sokath, his eyes uncovered!

Some time ago, I forged an unlikely friendship with a great guy from New Jersey. He and I had plenty conversations of east coast vs. west coast stuff. There was plenty of back and forth, but to be honest, he was right most of the time, I only really got him on a handful of topics with the west coast coming out on top. 

One thing though, was he was adamant that there were no good bagels in the west coast at all, the only good ones that exist were in the tri state area of NY, NJ, and PA. I had never heard of this before, so I was pretty skeptical, that is until I actually had a chance to go to Jersey and New York. I have to admit, tasting a genuine New York bagel was one of a couple of highlights to an otherwise frustrating trip. 

I am only really reminded of this as a couple of weeks ago, I had the VP of my company come by my office, and he took the great pain of smuggling in a bunch of bagels from Jersey for us. Suffice to say that it is true, that bagels are garbage in the elsewhere of America, and if you have a chance to get yourself some real ones from NY or NJ, you should do it. 

But don't just take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment