Friday, June 15, 2012

A few of my favorite guns

So, I'm not all that exited about the weekend this time around.  I'm still coughing up bits of lung everywhere, so unless a miracle cure is discovered, I doubt there will be any fun show shenanigans in store for me, even though I've practically been feeding a constant menthol IV into my neck the past couple days.

One thing nice about being sick the past few days, was that it served to remind me that I have the greatest friends in the world.  In a most caring and utilitarian gesture, the roomie got me some Fisherman's Friend to soothe the pain from the bits of lung coming out.  Now, maybe I'm just shopping at all the wrong places, but I had never heard of the stuff before.  He gave me the box and warned me that the taste is horrendous, but that the effect is twice as powerful as the taste.  He wasn't kidding. 
Later in the week, another good friend actually gave me his old Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) that he was no longer using, so I could use the Diablo 3 authenticator.  Now, this baby has been ad-hocked with the latest in gingerbread ice cream snadwich technology, so even though I can't really use it as a phone, I'm really gonna enjoy having something that can not only let me use the D3 Auction, but that I can basically use as a mini-tablet and camera.  Expect to see more actual pictures of shenanigans taken by yours truly; possibly more than ever needed. 
The true icing on the cake was when I went to visit a dear couple I hadn't seen in a while.  Nearly as soon as I walked in, I was greeted with one of the greatest gifts ever.  A Blues Brothers T-shirt of epic legendary-ness.  Behold, feast your eyes:
Oh, and I have to give another hat tip to Tam, for nearly killing me with laughter (almost literally) by saying the greatest collection of words since the Emancipation Proclamation.  Good thing I'm a poor sucker that lives nowhere near Indiana, otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to propose.

No comments:

Post a Comment