Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's the most wonderful time every four months

It's time again for the infamous fun show this weekend, and I might actually go this time.  Not that I have any money to buy anything of interest, but it's become more than a ritual for me to buy those tasty candied cashews upon entry.  I also blame Tam for making me reflexively sing the even more infamous fun show song every single time I go there (I'm even singing it right now). 

I think I forgot to mention that the time before last that we went, we actually ran into some reenactors of sorts.  I say of sorts, because I don't think I saw more than two people dressed from the same time period.  Some were revolutionary-war era, others were civil war, WWI, WWII, and even a Vietnam G.I. -really!  Kind of an odd sight, but very entertaining. 

I must admit, the last show we went to had some pretty slim pickings in regards to anything very interesting, most of our guns shows around here consisting almost entirely of ammo vendors and the typical run-o-the-mill gun shop, but I'm holding out hope that this one should be a bit more diverse.
Always held at the South Towne Expo Center; and yes, it's spelled with an 'e' at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment