Tuesday, June 25, 2013

AR 15 Barrel profiles

The roomie was in the market for a heavy barrel for his 5.45x39mm  AR, and the pickins are kinda slim outside of custom jobs.  He sent me a link to a "heavy" Spikes Tactical AR barrel, that (to me) seemed overpriced, along with being no different than the standard government style barrel, just lacking the notch for an M203.  The fact that they tried to call this a heavy barrel, makes me think the site/company is either ignorant or just dishonest.

To illustrate this point to my roomie, I decided to do some research on the topic and found the following comparison on the AR-15.com forums:
Image blatantly ripped from the AR-15.com forums
So, I sent the roomie to a link to a review of a heavy barrel chambered in 5.45 that looked far more promising and despite looking like it's a made to order custom job, it was actually cheaper than the Spikes Tactical barrel.  How 'bout that?  The Google-fu is strong with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment