Monday, June 10, 2013

I want my Nightmares back!

Today is the day that marks VMA-513's last mission.  The Flying Nightmares are being disbanded, making it another sad day for Marine Air, citizens of Yuma, and Harrier fans.


This reminded me of one of my first real haunts on the internet, the first real blog-type place I really went to on a regular basis.  Col. David Gurney USMC (Ret.), callsign "cow", had his own little place called the Cow's Pasture, which I used to read regularly while he was Commanding Officer of the Flying Nightmares.  I haven't been on there in a while, so I had to give it a visit and get the word out on it again.  The place still has a lot of cool pictures and nice insight into the workings of the squadron, and I highly recommend taking a look around if you have any interest in Marine aviation, Harriers, or just military in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment