Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Afterlife

Went and saw the new Ghostbusters: Afterlife on Sunday, and I feel the need to give a minor spoiler-free review.  I have to say that there are so many ways this movie could have gone wrong, and it still has some noticeable flaws, but it is an excellent movie that helps repair the damage that was done with the 2016 movie. It remains a jump scare comedy that is very enjoyable, and manages to also be very heartfelt, and will have you tearing up at the end if you have any shred of humanity left. 

It's worth watching more than once. Just be sure to stay to the absolute end of the credits!

Also, I feel ashamed to admit that at the time, I had no idea we were watching the movie on Harold Ramis' birthday. I like the serendipity there, as the new movie is dedicated to his memory and rightly so. I can't imagine that guy to be anywhere other than a far happier place, but even if he isn't, he's got the tools and the talent.

Totally one my childhood heroes growing up. Happy birthday, you new-age Mr. Spock! (also shamelessy ripped from reddit)

No comments:

Post a Comment