Wednesday, November 10, 2021

White trash MacGyver

I love my Jericho, but the 941R model I have usually has the extended slide stop.  I don't mind the length at all, but the fact it drops down closer to the grip really gets in the way and I find that I end up actuating it without wanting to. My solution was to get the newer slide stop for the steel frame models, but no one seemed to have it available anywhere. 

Length is good but height is terrible. 

Now, since the Jericho is basically a CZ-75 clone to start with, and has a number of parts compatible with it (I already use 19 round CZP01 mags for my gun, and it's able to use the same barrels), I got to thinking if the slide stop would be interchangeable as well. So, I went on ebay and picked one up for pretty cheap and waited for it to arrive.

With the CZ part installed.

Not too much later, when it finally arrived, I slapped it in. It fit into the gun perfectly, but then I did notice the dimensions are different on the little nub on the stop that actually catches the follower, which ended up being nearly twice as thick than the Jericho's. I was a little worried this would interfere with feeding, but I did test the feeding with no issues, so the only thing left was to test fire it. 

Lo and behold, it worked flawlessly, as I was able to test fire several mags out of it with no issues last weekend. All in all, I like how that turned out, the CZ stop is a bit shorter than I prefer, but still not bad and has no issues I can see so far. Though the real goal is to still get the new model slide stop:

No comments:

Post a Comment