Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A little update

So what's new in my world lately, eh? Well not too much excitement. I'm working the night shift this week to cover for another person on my team who usually does so who is out of the office. That works out fairly well for me as the better half is taking a trip out of state for most of the week anyways. In the meantime though, I found myself bored to tears without the wife being around to talk to, so I've had to find ways to keep myself occupied. 

I finally got to the point of building three more new AR15 lower receivers. I've still got two more to do, but I'll need additional parts to complete them. One I want to be an M16A1 style and will need parts for that, and the other I'll need to get another actual stripped lower to complete. So those will need to wait until the next paycheck to get started on. 

Just for kicks and giggles I went on a little mini road trip to the Brigham City airport the other day just to see what I could see and was pretty surprised to see some really cool military aircraft trainers that were there at the ramp.

Looks to me like a BAC Jet Provost

Another de Havilland Vampire. Coincidentally, the one I wrote about earlier was sitting on the ramp right behind it, but you can't really see it in the picture.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me like a Soko G-2 Galeb

In addition to what you see there, I couldn't help but notice a HUGE stockpile of MiG-15 parts of the two seat trainer variety as well as a Fouga CM.170 Magister that was sitting on the ramp that appeared flight worthy. What also surprised me was there was a variant of the SH-3 Sea King sitting out there, too. All in all a very surprising find for a seat of the pants trip to a random small town airport. 

And just for fun, something hilarious I saw on Reddit to make you laugh:

No comments:

Post a Comment