Thursday, August 4, 2022

Howie's Root Beer

Another cool local brand that is making some waves out there is Howie's Root Beer. Made in Layton, UT and started by the Tanner family members Howard and David. Born out of a family recipe from all the way back in 1969, the first official commercial batch was made in 1989. They are often found in more local associated food stores in the area, but are slowly expanding. 

Being the total root beer snob that I am, I have to say it's among my favorites. It's got that distinctly home made flavor, but without the issue of being too sweet or overly carbonated like a lot of other "homebrew" recipes I've come across. With a hint of vanilla, it's reminds me a lot of A&W but still less sweet than that, which is a plus in my book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment