Friday, December 31, 2021

Book of Boba (mild spoilers)

 Caught the first episode of the new series just the other day, and I really liked it, but I can tell it already has some of the same problems that the Mandalorian did. Some reviewers called it boring (which I very much disagree with). However, I admit they don't establish much of an overarching story and they don't really explain why Boba is doing what he is doing. They do go over how he escaped the Sarlacc, which was cool from a fan's perspective, but useless to any story they want to do going forward (and totally moot if you watched The Mandalorian at all). 

I know it's the same writers/producers working here, but I hope they break out of the same problems the Mandalorian had. In that they don't just follow a monster of the week routine, and actually add some depth and progression to the story, world, and characters. Either way, I still liked it and will be eagerly awaiting the next episode to see where they take the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment