Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Provo is the worst place in America

You know there are some good things about the city of Provo, but for the most part, I absolutely hate it. First off, the streets there are a jumbled mess compared to the elsewheres of Utah. Instead of a sensible, simple grid system, you have the "I threw up my spaghetti on a map" style of city planning, making it frustrating to even find your way on or off the freeway. 

Next is all the obnoxious advertising for the no-name, D-list movies that are more poorly made than the average Hallmark movie, along with all the other Mormon-targeted advertising. Look, if you have to advertise to only a specific demographic, your "entertainment" product more than likely sucks...really bad (and I say that as a Mormon) 

Then, there's the people that congregate there. I dunno what it is, but the majority just seem terrible. Everyone I know that has lived there comments on the toxicity of the people who all seem two faced and impolite. I can also agree that everyone I've interacted with there are either incredibly rude or too stupid to know how basic human interaction works. 

Even in businesses, I'll be completely ignored when looking for help and just left to my own devices because the owner or person behind the counter is "busy" having a conversation about random crap. It's like Provo is the biggest version of a small town with all the worst aspects of one and none of the benefits. Despite Provo also being a huge hub for new and or startup businesses, it's also the biggest place I know of where every kind of pyramid scheme imaginable is just rampant there

Lastly, there's BYU. A lot of good things do come out of BYU, but let's face it, it's just kind of overshadowed by all the bat-crap insanity that comes from there as well. For example:

https://nypost.com/2021/09/27/what-is-soaking-the-mormon-teen-sex-act-going-viral/

Sorry for posting that, but people in Provo are just crazy enough to do it. It makes me sad. I don't take the title lightly either, as I have lived in San Francisco and been through Oakland, CA a number of times, too. So, can you guess I had to go there recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment