Saturday, December 11, 2021

I'm no nerd

All growing up, I considered myself a nerd. However the one thing that all my friends loved that I never did was the entire genre of high fantasy. Especially Tolkien and Lord of the Rings. Everyone I know was into both the books and the movies, but I just couldn't enjoy either. 

Now later on, I was recently watching the movies again with the family, and I can still say that I can appreciate the great technological accomplishment the films are, and the immense work that Tolkien did to complete his novels (like inventing the elvish language to say the least). I think they are both monumental works in their fields, but they still bore me to tears, and the only fantasy story that keeps my attention is Star Wars because it's in a sci-fi setting, even if it's not a sci-fi story. 

I dunno, I'm I just the weird one here? I'm not crapping on Tolkien or the movies, I'm just not entertained by them or most other fantasy stories. But as for something that is at least interesting if not entertaining is this:

No comments:

Post a Comment