Thursday, December 16, 2021

Imagination and creativity

Much like I have always said when it comes to sequels, spinoffs, and prequels of movies or shows, I think it takes far more creativity and imagination to work within someone else's rules and/or universe. I think if you manage to make a sequel (or what have you) that is just as popular if not more popular than the first while not alienating the built in fans or mocking/disregarding the universe or characters, you've got far more talent than just coming up with an original creation, as that only requires you to obey the rules that you yourself have set. 

The difference here being that I don't think gun laws should be respected, or in some cases even adhered to, but I will say that sometimes it does force some incredible ingenuity out of people. Take for example the types of CA, NJ and NY compliant guns and the people that buy them and subsequently modify to make them suck less. 

Just found this little ditty on Reddit's r/guns recently, and I have to say, it is a beauty. Normally I really hate the look of state compliant guns, but this one from a user called thebowski really pulled it off with the good looks here:

Also the guy has a good sense of humor for calling it the Fudd-15

Wow. I wouldn't mind getting something like THAT out of the box, even if I don't have to deal with dumb compliance restrictions. Can you believe that's still basically an AR15 under there? What's even better is that this sucker is chambered for .450 Bushmaster, so you could wreck some bear's day with it if you wanted to. This guy did a lot of work to it, and he describes his build in the post, but I just have to say, dang good job.

For those not in the know, here's a .450 Bushmaster (on the left) next to the standard .223cal/5.56mm AR-15 round (on the right).

No comments:

Post a Comment