Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Bat bitten

Early Last month I wrote on here about my experience taking a short flight with my brother and then encountering a Vampire on the flightline. I had misplaced my actual photos of the experience, but thankfully my Mom had found the copies I had sent her about it at the time. So, without further delay here it is:

I certainly prefer the wartime camo paint to the newer black racing job. Note the gorgeous Grumman Albatross in the background, too. 

A nice view of the Wasatch Mountains from the air on our flight. 


The last picture here is from a nice little stop we made at the Utah National Guard West Jordan Armory.  The gate guard here being a nice Vietnam era Huey gunship. The place is still home to the 211th Aviation Regiment with an ANG AH-64 Apache attack squadron, a UH-60 Medevac unit, Aircraft Maintenance Unit, and the 23rd Army Band. I tried to find if there was any more detailed history on the unit, but I didn't have much time and results were sparse after a cursory google search.  

No comments:

Post a Comment