Monday, December 6, 2021

Precious Resources

Just heard on the news last night that the last of the men from Easy Company, 506th Airborne has passed away recently. His name is Edward Shames, and he certainly has quite the story to tell, with some amazing accomplishments. I'll link to the article here, just be sure to give it a read, as it's not worth missing:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/last-surviving-band-of-brothers-officer-a-jewish-soldier-who-toasted-his-sons-bar-mitzvah-with-cognac-stolen-from-hitlers-eagles-nest-dies-at-99?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Pretty sure I've mentioned how much I like the HBO adaptation of their story here before, as I can't think of a more accurate and respectful telling of that story on film. That being said, here's the fantastic and memorable intro to the show. 

I've also suggested to the family to make it a traditional viewing on every June 6th, and people seemed to really like the idea, and enjoyed it the first time around. Gotta also now see if we can watch The Pacific as well, since no one in my wife's side of the family has seen it yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment