Friday, January 21, 2022

It's back again

I was gonna make a massive post covering all the things I liked from SHOT show, and I still will, but I figure I have to post this one now. 

It is ridiculous how many people are jumping on board the bandwagon of releasing updated Browning Hi-Power pistols recently. Now to follow up on their own mistake of stopping production on the Hi-Power to start with, is Fabrique Nationale's American division are now releasing an updated/modernized version as well.

Pics ripped from FN's Hi-Power site page.

The CEO of FN America stated “Rather than introduce a clone of the original, we had to deliver much more than other brands, knowing the FN High Power would be held to a higher standard." No kidding. 

As opposed to other offerings now on the market, this one features some unique new improvements such as:

-A 17+1 round capacity (which is rather impressive).
-Fully ambidextrous controls (also cool).
-New grip shape and frame texturing to improve handling (much needed).
-A complete change in how the pistol is field stripped to be far simpler (also impressive). 

Please tell me the grips on the black model on the far left is actual wood, otherwise they screwed up.

I know I've harped on this type of gun too much already, but I think they stole the show on improved Models of Hi-Powers being offered now. The only thing I'm left wondering though, is both the price and what the parts compatibility there is with older models (if any). Cause unlike the other Hi-Power remakes on the market (or even FN's other pistol offerings), I'd actually want to straight up own this one, as long as it ain't too expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment