Thursday, January 6, 2022

Light Over Heat

I learned about Professor David Yamane and his new series of youtube video series called "Light Over Heat" from the great Tamara K, and I've been pretty interested to see where it goes.  He just recently posted the first video in the series about how "normal" gun ownership is and it's neat to see him break down the statistics and use them to extrapolate how many gun owners are involved in crimes, accidents, etc. 

He admits himself it's not the format he prefers or is particularly used to, so the presentation is a bit dry, but it's not for entertainment, but for education. I'm glad he's sticking to the purely academic look at the topic rather than trying to push an agenda on it and he seems sincere in his desire to be unbiased in the numbers. I think this is a guy to watch and subscribe to as I'm sure he'll have much more interesting topics to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment