Wednesday, January 12, 2022

The future of aviation

 The War Zone section of The Drive's website is a daily haunt for me and always has something to peak my interest.  My normal fare is usually something military related, but this time around an actual civilian project caught my eye. Behold the Eviation company's Alice all electric aircraft:

That is one gorgeous aircraft! 

I won't steal another site's thunder, so I'll just link to the original article here. Be sure to check it out for the extra pictures of the plane alone. It's some fascinating reading about the program, troubles and all. More than anything I'm just struck with how great this thing just looks. Most experimental aircraft just end up looking weird or ugly to me (unless designed by Burt Rutan anyways), but this thing is darn pretty and actually looks like I would think the future of aviation would be. 

Ooh that's good looking!

Much like the electric car, I think this won't be a real breakout success without a blatant revolution in battery technology to make it truly practical and affordable. Nay-saying aside, I hope for their sake, that the program is hugely successful, and spawns more development and evolves the technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment