Wednesday, October 6, 2021

My name is Saint Grendel and I'm an alcoholic

Okay, not really. My Achilles heel is really soda. Specialty sodas. I just can't not try all the specialty soda out there.  The problem is that there's not a whole lot of places in my neck of the woods that stock anything worthwhile or interesting.  Too many places think stocking up Boylan's soda is good enough, when I don't know of anyone who thinks that swill tastes any good. 

Thankfully, if I'm willing to take a short trip, I can visit my favorite enablers at the The Root Beer Store in Sandy, UT.  It's not often I'm able to get up in that neighborhood, but they have just about everything I've ever heard of along with a bunch of stuff I haven't.  It's a cool little place that's totally worth it if you're looking to catch the diabeetus. 


Its certainly a cozy and unassuming place, but the're a little ma and pop place that does have an excellent selection of fizzy potables.  Also, it may be something to do with supplier shortages due to the 'rhona, but they are now the only place I know of that stocks anything close to regular 'ol grape soda.
 

Also, this is not sponsored in any way shape or form, but hey, if you root beer guys see this, you can send a cheque in the mail. Total tip o' the hat to Eric for telling me about it. Now, if I can just come up with an excuse to go there again so I can single handedly fund their children's tuition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment