Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Space gats

It's not often that I am green with envy for a gun that's chambered in .22 Long Rifle, but this one fits the bill nicely.  It's a gun that is constantly brought up in gun culture in general, purely on the fact that it has the most bespoke look to it: the Whitney Wolverine. 

There's a great write up on The Firearm Blog recently about the piece, as well as Ian from Forgotten Weapons has a great video on it from a while back. It's such a gorgeous gun that I would love to have one. It's just a shame that every time it has been on the market, it just doesn't seem to sell enough to stay on the market, so now they are multi-thousand dollar collector items. With that kind of value, I couldn't bring myself to shoot one, and if I can't shoot it, I won't own it.

Although, due in large part to the popularity of Cowboy Bebop and a resurgence of that popularity due to an upcoming remake by Netflix, my own Jericho 941R has gone from a garbage $350 CZ75 knock-off to a nearly $750-1000 dollar gun in some cases. But, since parts are a plenty, I don't feel bad about using that one up at the range. 

That, and I think it's a really darn pretty gun on it's own, too. Need to get this thing refinished, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment