Sunday, October 31, 2021

Something a bit more in depth for Sunday

So back in the day, one of the most unique and influential anime I had ever watched was Fooly Cooly.  Not only was it something that was enjoyably weird, but incredibly original, had a variety of animation styles, and had a killer soundtrack by The Pillows. 

It's something that's vastly impressive in that it was really just meant to be an animation test/showcase for the studio but ended up being so much more than that. I think this and Cowboy bebop are the reasons why I'm overly picky about what anime I watch. I always hated the standard shōnen and never-ending shows designed to sell cards or toys, and the standard fare of other anime that follow all the exact same tropes.

So a couple years ago I was pretty thrilled to hear that there was going to be another 2 series of FLCL produced. Then my hopes and dreams were shattered when they turned out to be garbage because they weren't done by the same people. Oh well, at least the soundtrack is still done by The Pillows, so that part is still awesome. 

The Pillows: Spikey Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment