Friday, October 22, 2021

Okay, I'll post about the latest drama llama

Well, everyone already knows that now that he's out of the closet. Seriously though, this guy is one pathetic case. I mean the entire narrative as long as I have been alive is that William Shatner is a complete dick, and has done nothing but insult and offend Takei somehow. Color me not shocked when I see this article recently Thanks to Kim:

I've met Shatner on a couple of occasions and watched his traveling show when it came here and also wrote a post about that here. I had while to digest it, and I can't help but gather that Shatner is vastly misunderstood. Yes he is someone who is very confident in himself, but I doubt it's to the point of being self absorbed or arrogant from what I see. Perhaps he was like that in his past, but I really don't see it now. He has a very self deprecating sense of humor and comes across as very down to earth when you talk to him. Even his traveling act that is all about his career and experience is often making cracks at his own expense. 

Every time I've seen or heard someone bring up the subject of Takei to him, he never gets upset or even raises his voice. In fact, I've never even heard of Bill crack so much as a joke about George other than he just doesn't get Takei's continued anger at him after tying to bury the hatchet multiple times.

On the other hand, Takei never misses an opportunity to get bent out of shape, angry, snarky, and insults Shatner at every turn. You'd think he had a messy divorce with the Shat and never got over it with the way he acts. Takei is also pretty high on his horse with an ego to match. I mean, he seriously refused more screen time in Star Trek VI just so he could 1) not work on the same set with Shatner and 2) be the captain of a fake starship on screen.  But, I can't put much faith in his intelligence anyways since he's been advocating for the same political party that LITERALLY put him in a concentration camp as a child. I'd say he's the one that's coming across like the jerk here. 

Will Shatner is still human. He's got his own controversies, and has made blatantly dumb choices. But hey, even if all the crap about Shatner is true, that he's a total jerk who is completely self absorbed, I'd still rather him be my child's role model. I mean, he's a hugely successful actor, author, equestrian, has tried his hand at music, directing, and has now been to mother effing space! Meanwhile, George had a couple joke bit parts in vidja games, had a mediocre TV career after trek, causes drama on twitter, and touched another guy's junk on tv. Whoop de freakin doo, George. 

George, just pack it in buddy. It doesn't make you look good to flare up an old beef with the Shat; It just makes you look desperate for attention. I know you still have talent in there, so why not rely on that instead?

Just let it go already, man. You ain't earning brownie points here.

No comments:

Post a Comment